This silken tofu-based chipotle dip couldn’t be any easier, and it’s low-cal, healthy, and full of protein. It’s good as a dipping sauce with baked sweet potato fries or spread on a sandwich.
If your blender works with a smaller amount or you have an immersion blender, a half recipe may make all you need.
- 1 12 oz. package soft silken tofu
- 1 or 2 small chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- ½ tsp. salt or to taste
- Drain tofu, place in blender.
- Place one chipotle pepper in blender. Blend. If you want it hotter, add another chipotle pepper and blend again.
- Add salt to taste, blend in.
- Yield: ⅔ cup.
Approximate nutritional information for 2 Tbs. serving:
Calories: 35, Fat: 1.0 g., Sat. Fat: 0.0g, Cholesterol: 0.0 mg, Protein: 3.0 g., Sodium 234.5 mg., Carbohydrate 1.8 g., Fiber 0.2 g., Sugar 0.1 g., Calcium 14.5 mg.