This creamy lemon-herb dressing based on soft silken tofu, olive oil, and lemon juice will be good on any salad and can stand up to hearty winter greens. This recipe makes enough to dress two or three bunches or heads of greens. It also makes a great sauce on veggies.
If your local grocer doesn’t stock soft silken tofu, you can buy aseptic boxes of Mori-nu Tofu online– they have a shelf life of many months. Or you could start with regular mayonnaise or tofu mayonnaise instead of the soft tofu and olive oil, perhaps making a half recipe and adjusting from there.
- 1 block soft silken tofu (12 oz)
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ tsp. mustard
- pinch of salt or to taste
- ½ tsp. dill
- ½ tsp. marjoram
- dash turmeric (for color)
- 2 tsp. agave or other mild sweetener (optional)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Chop onion.
- Put tofu, onion and remaining ingredients in blender. You may want to leave out the agave for now and see if you like the dressing without added sweetener. Add it at the end if you like.
- If you don't have these exact herbs, other mild green herbs would also work in this recipe.
- Blend all ingredients until smooth.