I’ll be sorry to see the last of the season’s asparagus:
Which I may have. We’ll see if there are any more at the farmer’s market this week. I imagine in the hot parts of the country (everywhere else) these have been long gone. But not here. We’ve been making grilled asparagus for months. Or rather, my husband has. I buy it, he grills it. Though the directions are dead simple, I’ve been waiting for his look-see before posting this.
And he says yes, this is how you do it. Very simple. Asparagus, olive oil, salt, finely chopped garlic. One secret: these are very good before they are grilled. Don’t eat them all before then.
- 2 bunches asparagus (about 1¾#)
- 1 Tbsp. finely minced garlic
- 1½ tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat grill to medium, approximately 350 F.
- Snap ends off of asparagus, place in a rimmed baking sheet or baking dish.
- Add olive oil, garlic, and salt to taste; mix.
- Place in vegetable grill basket and grill, turning frequently, 8-10 minutes or until asparagus begins to turn golden brown.
Here’s the final product. They are a bit on the crispy side, which is how we like them.