Fit and Fed just marked its one year anniversary! Here are a few of my favorite moments from the first year:
- My son, while I was out of town, looking up the Kabocha Coconut Curry recipe on the blog and cooking it for the family for dinner.
- My husband pointing out that I had started to call our Nikon DSLR, which I had always thought of as his, ‘my camera.’
- Going back to a few early posts to re-shoot the photos and noting the improvement in my photography and writing since then.
- The blog re-design by my husband that took Fit and Fed from a generic WordPress site to something more individual and creative.
- Reader comments! Thank you for reading and responding, this blog would not exist without you!
My first reader feedback on a recipe came from Beth, who let me know that the Sweet Potato Vegetable Soup with Ginger, Cilantro, Coconut & Lime was delicious. My latest feedback was on that very same soup. Gena commented,
“Mary, I made this soup for a dinner party and everyone loved it so much that they all asked for the recipe.”
That makes my day!
One comment that really tickled me was from Cindy, who made the Arugula Watermelon Salad:
“I made this for dinner tonight, it came together so quick and everyone loved it! Including Mr. Picky 4 year old that won’t eat anything besides hash browns and chicken nuggets. Thanks for a great recipe!!”
I was pleased to know that my recipe got a four-year-old chicken-nugget-ivore to happily eat his greens.