This fig-based salad dressing I made earlier this week is too good not to share. It’s naturally sweet with a thick, creamy texture. The recipe for the salad I made using the fig vinaigrette is here.
- 4 small ripe figs, stemmed (about 3 oz.)
- 3 Tbsp. avocado oil or other mild natural vegetable oil such as grapeseed
- 1 Tbsp. champagne vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 small shallot (about 1 Tbsp. minced), or equivalent amount of minced red onion
- 1 small clove garlic (about 1 tsp. minced)
- Put figs, avocado oil, champagne vinegar, and water in blender, blend.
- Peel and mince shallot (or red onion) and garlic.
- Combine blended dressing with minced shallot and garlic, serve.