With half an hour until the Super Bowl kickoff I’m popping by Fit and Fed to show you the appetizer I’m about to serve. I’m not a big football fan but in this town, this year, the Super Bowl is practically mandatory!
The grocery stores yesterday were more crowded than I’ve ever seen them. No one wants to miss the big game. Seahawks mania has completely taken over Seattle, check out this Boeing test plane’s flight path over Washington. In today’s Seattle Times a front page article called this the most important sports game in Seattle history. Twice.
The Seahawks’ colors are green, blue, and white: blue’s a little hard but I’ve got the rest of this covered. I’ve topped my homemade hummus with cucumbers, parsley, scallions, olives, and feta. For another occasion without the color scheme I would have added tomatoes as well.
I got the idea from Kristy Bernardo of The Wicked Noodle who wrote that she’s often added cucumber, feta, tomato, and kalamatas to hummus to make an easy and healthy dip. Now I’d better do my last-minute clean-up before my guests arrive. Go Hawks!
- 1 recipe hummus or 2-3 cups store-bought hummus
- 2 cups English cucumber, peeled, sliced, cut into quarters
- (1 cup tomatoes, chopped)
- ⅓ cup scallions, chopped
- ⅓ cup parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup kalamata olives, chopped
- ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Spread the hummus in a layer in a small casserole dish.
- Top with cucumber pieces and then the other ingredients.