I’d been eyeing the freeze-dried raspberries at Trader Joe’s lately and thinking how good they could be in a homemade chocolate bar. Finally made one and it was as good as I’d hoped with an intense raspberry flavor. It’s really too simple to call a recipe but I’ll write it up for you anyway. There enough raspberries in a TJ’s package to make several of these.
- 3 oz. dark chocolate: discs, chips, or broken into small pieces
- ⅓ oz. freeze-dried raspberries
- Prepare a baking sheet or other hard flat surface by covering it with a piece of parchment paper.
- Place the chocolate in a bowl and zap in the microwave for a minute, stir, repeat. The chocolate should be partially melted but still with some solid areas. Stir with a spoon until all the chocolate is melted.
- Stir in freeze dried raspberries.
- Spread the chocolate raspberry mixture onto the parchment paper-covered baking sheet.
- Let cool. You can speed up the process by putting it into a freezer for a few minutes.