I love the bright color and gingery snap of this carrot-ginger-miso dressing.
I didn’t have to chop the vegetables much because I have a Vitamix. With a regular blender, you may need to chop the vegetables more finely or grate the ginger and carrot before blending it.
This is one my my most popular recipes. Please let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment below– I love to hear from my readers.
- 1¼ cup chopped carrot
- 1 heaping teaspoon (1½ tsp.) chopped ginger
- ½ cup plus 2 T water
- 1 Tbs. chickpea miso (or another light miso)
- 3 Tbs. dark sesame oil
- 1 Tbs. plus 1 tsp. rice vinegar
- 6 T light brown sesame seed (1/4 c. plus 2 Tbs.) or 3 Tbsp. tahini
- scant ½ tsp. salt
- Combine all ingredients in blender.
- Blend, starting on lowest power and gradually raising speed to highest power.
- Use tamper (if using Vitamix) or stop blender and scrape down sides as needed.
- Leave on high power until all ingredients including ginger are fully incorporated into the dressing.
- The dressing will be quite thick. Add more water if needed to make it a little more liquid.
- Yield: enough for 4 dinner salads.